Friday, January 15, 2010

I did a bad bad thing

So, only 2 weeks into the new year and a few resolutions are already been cheated on.

1) I've ate fast food - no McDonald's, yet. but I had Arby's last night
2) I haven't been to the gym yet this year and the last time I went was before Christmas - oops!
3) I've spent money on my credit card.

#3 is particularly bad (and since this is a financial blog, I will go into particular detail). Not only did I put a shirt on my credit card, I took a cash advance! I ran out of money to pay my cell phone bill and I wouldn't have any money for anything else for the next week if I didn't. My bank account is now at $0

So, this also erases my $200 payment on my credit card.

I've owed by BF money from Christmas so I've been paying him back and putting myself off my budget and "in the hole" before I even start (kinda like being in overdraft). I owe him $100 more and I'm trying REALLY hard not to borrow again (even though I took money from my credit card that I have to pay interest on - wait, that's really dumb! Oh well, too late). So, hopefully next month will be the REAL fresh start. Jan 1st seems like such an arbitrary date anyways.

Also, I'm supposed to be getting a "bonus" (technically 1% of the commission my boss makes) but I haven't gotten it yet (I'm my bank account everyday with fingers crossed). So, I'm sure this will help as well. Although I haven't 100% decided what I'm going to do with it.

Choices:

100% on consolidation loan
100% on Mastercard
100% on Visa
100% on Student Loan
Splitting it up in some way
OR keeping some or all as a "buffer" so that I'm not constantly running paycheque to paycheque.

The problem with this idea is that I am a spender. If I have money, I spend it. So, while this sounds like a good idea to stop borrowing, it may end up that I spend this money too and be no farther ahead in my debt repayment.

So, I'm not sure yet. If anyone reads this blog, I would LOVE suggestions.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment