Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

After a way too long hiatus, I am back! I REALLY slacked off on my money management for the last quarter of 2010 mainly because I lost my job, used up all my savings, and I'm now working a temp job that could end at any time :( But at least I'm working and bringing in some money :)

So, with the New Year comes new resolutions to be more careful and conscientious with my money.

My Money Goals for 2011:
  • Have at least $2000 in my Emergency Fund
  • Have at least $5000 in the Wedding Fund *joint savings with fiancee
  • Have at least $7000 in RRSPs
  • Pay off Visa (for good, dammit!)
  • Have MasterCard down to at least $8000
  • Pay down Citi (no goal, because the interest is so high, but make regular monthly payments)
  • Not go over my budget more than $100 in any month
2010 was a pretty good financial year for me despite losing my job in October and slacking off in the management department for the rest of that year. I will do an analysis in a later post. But looking at my numbers right now compared to Jan 1/10, I am up $6000 in Net Worth. That's pretty good, if I do say so myself :)

So, Happy New Year's to all and may 2011 be a year of happiness, fulfilment, and sound money management! :D TTYL, Morgaine.

No comments:

Post a Comment