Thursday, February 17, 2011

Soap!

I mentioned in a previous post, that I have taken up a new hobby - making soap! So far, I've spent around $200 and have made a few presents. I have a lot of birthdays coming up so I will be making soap for my friends. I am also making soap for my wedding favours! I think it will help keep cost down since it is DIY and its personal and totally goes with our Celtic theme. So, here are some pics:

Wedding Favour Soap! Teal Celtic Heart with "Atlantic Seashore" scent

Gingerbread scent with Oatmeal

Grapefruit dual layer

Heart Soap for Valentine's Day

Raspberry body scrub

Pacific Seashore scented with sea salt scrub


Love Soap for Valentine's Day! Bottom layer is clear glycerin with real rose buds and the top is goats milk with hearts stuck into it. All scented like roses :)

Side view of the love soap so you can see the layers and rose buds


Stars - using ice cube trays from Ikea!

Stars embedded in the bar

"Tutti Fruitti" bar - bits of soap embedded in the bar

I'm hoping to make some more really special bars to sell on my Etsy store. More on that coming ...

TTFN, Morgaine

4 comments:

  1. That's really cool. I've tried my hand at soap making a few times over the years. It's not something I'm able to do right now, but I can see myself enjoying a hobby like that in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :)

    Its the melt and pour kind so its actually super easy, its the creative aspect that I'm really enjoying so far, trying to be as different as possible from soap someone would buy in a store and personalizing them to what I think my friends/family would enjoy.

    ReplyDelete