Wednesday, May 12, 2010

April wasn't as bad as I thought!

Ok, try as I might, I just can't seem to fight the clothing bug! So, I've rejigged the budget numbers (yet again) because I just don't spend as much money on entertainment and food as I thought - and more on clothes and gifts then I wished I did!

So, here's the breakdown of April - with new budget numbers (ok, so it seems that I rejigged it to come in balanced in the clothing and gifts category, and I guess that would be correct, but I still spend way under what I projected that I was going to in every other category - so there!) Oh, and keeping in mind that it was a 3 paycheque month!


And here is my goal budget for May:


This is the budget that I'm going to try STICK TO from now on. I think its the most reflective of what I do spend my money on while not going crazy - by that I mean still paying off a lot of debt and meeting my fixed expenses payments and saving. Speaking of saving - I increased my bi-weekly RSP contribution to $100 (up from $50). With the bonuses I've been getting, I'm a little worried that I may have to pay tax next year - ouch! So, I'm going to try and offset this a bit by increasing RSP. By next February I should be able to see if I need to make a larger lump sum to offset taxes by the RSP deadline.

Tomorrow's payday! Huzzah! (I almost didn't make it - $14.16 left in the account today - whew!) TTFN, Morgaine.

No comments:

Post a Comment