Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Emergency Fund

I'm thinking of changing my goal for my Emergency Fund. Right now I have the goal set to $3000 which I think will be a good "end goal" and I'm thinking to change it for $1000 for 2010 and then concentrate on debt repayment/other savings (i.e. Gift fund). I also really want to hit my $5000 goal in my RSP for this year then $10,000 next year so that I have my $10,000 to put in for a house (I know that I can take $20K out of my RSP for first time homebuyers, but I think that will take waaaaay too long). Also, my aunt has offered to lend us $10K for a down payment as well, so that would be $30K altogether for a downpayment which would be 10% of a $300K home which I think is pretty good.

I'm updating my bars accordingly. I'm also not blogging as often because I'm broke and therefore, don't have much to write about! TTFN, Morgaine.

No comments:

Post a Comment