Tuesday, March 22, 2011

St Paddy's Day Party - What I spent

Had friends over for a St Patrick's Day party on Friday (ok, so it was 1 day after, but I wanted to have a get-together with my friends). We had 12 people (including T and myself) and we had a blast! I put my collection of Irish/Celtic music on our computer (playlist ended up being 10 hours worth of music! Can we say obsessive???) and had Irish movies on in the background (Boondock Saints, The Commitments).

There was SO much food!!!
We made: Guinness beef stew, cottage pie, cupcakes, cookies.
Brought: butter chicken, curried lamb stew, soda bread, Guinness and cheese dip (super yummy), and salad.

I spent (some costs were split with T): $40 booze; $51.71 food; and $18.08 on plates/cutlery/etc and decorative items. Total: $109.79

I think T went a bit crazy on the booze (I know its St Paddy's day, but really $80!) so we have a lot left over and we don't drink very much so I hope at least some of it will stay until either our next get-together or even better, next St Paddy's Day!

All in all, I will be doing this again next year, it was too much fun :)

TTFN, Morgaine.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was an awesome get-together! And not too costly for anyone, so yay for that! Next year, can I come??? Sounds too good to miss! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a lot of fun. I'm glad that T splits costs for these things with me. He's really good like that :)

    Sure, you're near the T.O. area?

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like you had a great time! Sometimes you have to splurge a little ! Enjoy your week

    ReplyDelete